Reports in Progress
Reports in progress are those that the Office of the City Auditor is currently working on. Below is high-level information about reports in process. The amount of time required to complete a report is dependent on the scope of work, and some audits may require a significant amount of time. Once an audit is complete, report findings and recommendations are published and available on the Audit Reports page. For a better understanding of the auditing process, refer to the infographic below.
- Workforce Development Audit
- Audit of Revenue Tax Refunds
- 23 Whistleblower Cases
- Measure D
Performance Audit Process
- Planning: Review organizational functions, program activities and related financial processes.
- Fieldwork: Conduct interviews, observe operations, perform data testing and document observations.
- Draft Report: Review draft report with department and City Management. A Report in Progress is not a public document.
- Validate Observations: Update auditee on observations as they are identified.
- Response Period: Management prepares a formal response with action plan and timeline.
- Final Report: Final audit is issued and is publicly available on the Reports page.
- Follow-Up Report: Recommendations are later verified as completed.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter