Sharing our work and information with Oakland residents, is of the utmost importance to the City Auditor, as it helps to increase government transparency and encourage public trust. Our office sends out Newsletters, hosts community Roundtable meetings, and presents our work to City Council and various organizations throughout the City. By going out into the community, the City Auditor is able identify local needs and issues and to inform people of events and resources. The purpose of such outreach is to not only provide information and assistance, but also to identify new areas upon which to direct future attention.
- 2019-06-10 – Newsletter 3 – Newly Released Reports & Audits I’ll Need Your Help With!
- 2019-05-14 – Newsletter 2 – Newly Released Report, New Hire & More!
- 2019-02-27 – Newsletter 1 – Courtney’s Back and She’s Hit the Ground Running!
- 2019-03-27 –Community Roundtable Meeting: Dimond Library
- 2019-06-03 – Public Ethics Commission: Limited Public Financing Act – November 2019
- 2018-12-05 – UCB Goldman School: Oakland City Auditors Responsibilities
- 2018-09-11 – Presentation to Finance Committee: 2018 Report on Mandated Audits & Activities
- 2018-07-25 – Community Presentation to NCPC: Millsmont, Evergreen, & Millsbrae Neighborhoods
- 2018-06-13 – Community Presentation to NCPC: Laurel, Redwood Heights, & Leona Neighborhoods
- 2018-02-13 – Public Works & Public Safety Committees: OFD 2nd Follow-up Vegetation Management Audit
- 2018-01-18 – Public Ethics Commission: Limited Public Financing Act – November 2016
- 2018-01-09 – Finance Committee: 2017 Annual Report
- 2017-11-01 – Finance Committee: Department of Transportation Parking Citation Void Process Performance Audit
- 2017-05-03 – Hiller Highlands Community Meeting: Traffic Safety
- 2016-12-01 – Finance Committee: City Auditor’s Office Mid-Cycle Update
- 2016-10-15 – USF: Risk Assessment and the Auditor’s Work Plan
- 2016-07-26 – Community Conversation with West Oakland Neighbors/Beat 7X
- 2016-07-01 – UC Berkeley Goldman School of Public Policy: Gender Politics and Diversity
- 2016-07-26 – Oakland City Council: Rent Adjustment Program Audit
- 2016-05-27 – Oakland Chamber of Commerce: Who we are; What we do
- 2016-02-25 – North Hills Community: Fire Lines to Budget Measures
- 2015-11-18 – SF Association Of Govt. Accountants: Accountability – From Fire Lines to Budget Measures
- 2015-08-20 – Lake Merritt Breakfast Club: What We Do & How Can We Help
- 2015-07-17 – Ethics in Government: A City Perspective
KTOP TV-10 Videos
KTOP TV10 provides high-quality programming that encourages people in Oakland to get involved in the community, promotes civic pride, and showcases the cultural diversity that makes our city a unique and exciting place to live and work. Below are presentations made by the City Auditor to various entities in the City of Oakland.
2019-06-10 – Special Meeting of the Oakland City Council
2018-09-11 – Finance & Management Committee: Status Of Required Audits
2018-05-15 – Concurrent Meeting of the Oakland Redevelopment Successor Agency and the City Council:
Parking Tax Board, Business Tax Board
2018-02-20 – Concurrent Meeting of the Oakland Redevelopment Successor Agency and the City Council:
OPD 9-1-1 Call Operations Audit Report
2018-02-13 – Public Safety Committee: Second Follow-up Oakland Fire Department Vegetation Inspection Audit
2018-02-13 – Public Works Committee:
Second Follow-up Oakland Fire Department Vegetation Inspection Audit
2018-01-02 – Rules & Legislation Committee: An Initiative To Increase City Auditor’s Independence
2018-01-11 – Rules & Legislation Committee: OPD 9-1-1 Call Operations Audit
Subscribe to Our Newsletter