Performance Audits evaluate if the City is effectively and efficiently spending taxpayer dollars, complying with relevant rules and regulations, and whether programs are getting the results promised.
Legend: M = Mandated performance audit and O = Operational performance audit.
These follow-up reports assess the status of the implementation of performance audit recommendations, and document if corrective action has been taken.
These reports provide an impartial financial analysis of City of Oakland ballot measures.
- Measure AA (2018) - Children's Initiative
- Measure V (2018) - Taxation of Cannabis Business Tax
- Measure W (2018) - Special Parcel Tax on Vacant Properties
- Measure X (2018) - Graduated Transfer Tax
- Measure Y (2018) - Just Cause for Eviction
- Measure Z (2018) - Hotel Workers Wages and Conditions
- Measure D (2018) - Library Parcel Tax
- View All Reports
Reviews, Memos & Master Fellow Reports
Reports on specific topics of City activities and functions related to public concerns.
- High-Level Review of The Unity Council
- Assessing Property Blight on Oakland's Public Land
- Improving the Works of Boards and Commissions
- A Best Practices Analysis of Municipal Landlord & Tenant Education and Outreach
- Memo_Settlement of Payment Dispute with the OPIC
- Memo_Oakland Private Industry Council Grant
- View All Reports
Annual Reports summarize audit activities performed by the Office of the City Auditor during a given year and how the City has embraced recommendations for improvement. Whistleblower Program Annual reports give a high-level overview of program achievements and investigations, including the number of reports and resolution of reported allegations.
As a key quality control mechanism, the Office of the City Auditor receives a peer review at least once every three years. These audits are performed by a team of independent auditors from other governmental jurisdictions and determines whether or not an audit organization’s work meets government auditing standards.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter